So you are looking for going away on a longer holiday than usual, perhaps to a far away destination? We have some suggestions for countries where you should really be looking at a minimum of 31 days to make it worth it.
Two countries that spring to mind are Australia and New Zealand. By flying to the destinations you can eat up 4 days of your trip just getting there, thats not taking into account that getting over jetlag can take a few days, particularly when you are heading over 12 time zones away in the case of New Zealand!
Listed below are travel insurance providers for UK citizens who are looking at 30 or 31 plus days of travel.
Up to £250 total valuables limit to replace your stolen or damaged items and cover your watches and sunglasses
- Single trip cover for 90 days, 180 days, one year or two years
- Optional cover for over 2,000 medical conditions
- Independent travel on annual policies
- Will cover up any age group and for any length of time too!
Example Quote* - £47.21 (STC Trip)
> Get a quote from ALPHA COVER - Link not working? try this
Aviva who are formally known as Norwich Union will cover Single trip insurance covers a trip of up to 120 days.
- They insure individuals, couples, families and groups of up to 9 people
- Optional cover for multiple trips of up to 45, 60, 90 or 120 days duration
Example Quotes from £12.00
> Quote from AVIVA INSURANCE - not working? try this
World Nomads Travel Insurance Long Stay
If you're traveling and want to travel longer, World Nomads lets you buy more cover to keep you on the road. Travel insurance for independent travelers and intrepid families. You'd rather not think about all of the things that might go wrong on your trip, but these things can and do happen.
Example Quote* - £39.99
> Get a quote from WORLD NOMADS INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Good to Go Specialist cover
Goodtogoinsurance.com provides travel insurance cover to travellers of any age, with or without pre existing medical conditions. They can also cover your travelling companions on the same policy.
- Pre existing conditons such as Cancer, Heart Conditions, Diabetes, Stroke, Epilepsy and many more
- Single trip and annual travel insurance with no age limit
- Three levels of travel insurance cover available
Example Quote* - £27.34 (Silver Policy)
> Get a quote from GOOD TO GO INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Saga Travel Insurance for older long stay cover
For weekend breaks to one year trips Cruise cover provided as standard!
- Cover most pre-existing medical conditions.
- Covers any age
Example Quote* - £22.56 (Saga Single Trip)
> Get a quote from SAGA INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Looking for a great deal on a hotel, guesthouse or apartment?
Sunshine Insure - Europe and Worldwide Travel Insurance for UK residents