The traditional two week holiday is certainly here to stay as many working people will find it hard to take longer than time off and not leave themselves without any holiday left. However more and more are seeking longer breaks abroad, particuarly those who are maybe freelance or taking a short mini career break.
If you go anywhere out of the UK for anytime up to 60 days or of course longer then you should always consider ensure you have a good level of 60 day travel insurance in case of anything going wrong. This is particularly true of the medical health cover part and ideally you should be covered up to £10 million for comprehensive cover.
Get Going Travel Insurance (up to 85 YEARS OLD)
As specialists in medical travel insurance, they understand the difficulties of finding the right medical travel insurance cover at the right price. When you have an existing medical condition, whether it is asthma, high blood pressure or something more serious like cancer, they can provide peace of mind and cover
Example Quote* - £39.88 (Get Going Standard Single Trip)
> Get a quote from GET GOING - Link not working? try this link opens in same window
Up to £250 total valuables limit to replace your stolen or damaged items and cover your watches and sunglasses
- Single Trip & Annual Multi-trip policies to age 99
- Optional cover for over 2,000 medical conditions
- Independent travel on annual policies
- Will cover up any age group and for any length of time too!
Example Quote* - £47.21 (STC Trip)
> Get a quote from ALPHA COVER - Link not working? try this
Insure for 60 day plus travel cover
With just over 10 years specialist experience under their belts, no other insurance company is better placed to offer you great quality UK, European and Worldwide cover particularly for backpackers and the long termers, supported by great value family discounts, including FREE COVER FOR KIDS and 60 plus days cover
Example Quote* - £57.53 (Budget Trip)
> Get a quote from INSURE FOR INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Avanti Travel Insurance for longer stays over 60 days
Repatriation is included under the Medical Expenses section of the policy. If you need to be repatriated back to the UK please make sure that you contact their 24 hour medical emergency assistance for expats
- Cover most pre-existing medical conditions.
- Covers any age and 90 days plus
Example Quote* - £47.53 (Budget Trip)
> Get a quote from AVANTI INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Just Travel Cover for 60 days
Just travel have developed travel insurance with cover for pre-existing medical conditions and travel insurance with no age limit, suitable for travellers over 65.
- Travel insurance cover for single trips up to 183 days
- Travel insurance cover for cancellation
- Provide cover for most medical conditions and there are no age limits
Example Quote* - £30.24 (Beyond Travel Silver)
> Get a quote from JUST TRAVEL INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Travel Insurance for Medical Long Stay Cover
They specialise in providing travel insurance for people who have medical conditions but don't want to be held back by them. They offer full screening – either online or on the phone – for 1000s of conditions and can offer instant cover, wherever you are going.
Example Quote* - £33.00
> Get a quote from TRAVEL INSURANCE 4 MEDICAL - Link not working? try this link opens in same window
Good to Go Specialist cover
Goodtogoinsurance.com provides travel insurance cover to travellers of any age, with or without pre existing medical conditions. They can also cover your travelling companions on the same policy.
- Pre existing conditons such as Cancer, Heart Conditions, Diabetes, Stroke, Epilepsy and many more
- Single trip and annual travel insurance with no age limit
- Three levels of travel insurance cover available
Example Quote* - £67.34 (Silver Policy)
> Get a quote from GOOD TO GO INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Insure for all backpacker insurance
Many companies, especially on the internet, don't offer this protection for long stay trips but insurefor all does.
- Single trip policies for ages 65-99 online, Annual up to 74 including 90 days cover for longer stays
- Cover for individuals, couples or groups of up to 8 people
- Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions – subject to medical screening
John Lewis Travel Insurance for all
Optional Independent Traveller Insurance to provide cover when individual elements of a trip are booked separately, rather than as part of a package. This enhancement also provides cover for flights cancelled or delayed as a result of travel disruption caused by a volcano.
- No wardrobe worries - up to £2,500 for lost luggage
- Loss or theft of your passport covered as standard
- Travel cover for up to six months
Example Quote* - £69.00 (Plus Policy)
> Get a quote from JOHN LEWIS INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Looking for a great deal on a hotel, guesthouse or apartment?
Sunshine Insure - Worldwide Travel Insurance for UK residents